Sticker Campaign Plan
For overall description of the sticker campaign, images of the stickers, or pointers about where to place the stickers, click here for Sticker Sign Up. This page is for detailed planning on your local campaign. Contact me using the Sticker signup page or my email/signal if you would like me to add your content to this page.
Establish a Signal or Telegram group for your local volunteers. Include in the group info or a pinned post the URL of the Sticker Sign Up page or this page.
Contact your volunteers and ask them to connect to the Signal/Telegram group for your area.
Announce a date for your stickering action (plan for 2-4 hours, followed up by an getting together at a local watering hole), and have a Zoom or other group call with your volunteers. Good things to emphasize are that stickering is fun (even in Toronto we have had more positive comments than negative ones) and meeting like-minded people.
Pick a location for your stickering action. Good locations are commercial areas with plenty of foot traffic. Let your group know the location on the Signal/Telegram group. Ask for RSVPs
Meet up on the day with a good supply of stickers, and post them as described in the City Captains info on the Sticker Signup Page. Take photos of particularly well-placed stickers and distribute them.
Post images of your stickers or other peoples' to your favourite social media, hashtag: #Stickemon
- Diversify: Put stickers in a variety of places - high and low, backs of signs and lampposts, facing the road or facing away from the road
- Temporary is Permanent: construction signs and notices will likely last longer than your stickers, and nobody knows who owns them, making teardowns less likely - so use them
- Remember the side streets: people approaching the main street or walking away from it should see stickers too
- Metal and glass are best: but very smooth concrete is good too
- Beware weird coatings: some lampposts are coated with sticker-resistant material - if they are surprisingly clean and have an unusual coating, pass them by
- Defenses work: Putting stickers high up, wrapping them around the lamppost with packing tape, or scoring them so they can't be peeled off are all effective. Do these with some stickers.
- Favour the weekends: cleaning crews work on weekdays, so stickers put up Friday or Saturday will have time for the adhesive to really take
- Be philosophical: most stickers have a short lifespan. What matters is that many people see them
- May 18, Toronto, 2 km of Yonge St North from Dundas. 9 volunteers, about 700 stickers put up, 90 minutes of active stickering. Photos
- Stickering any of Thursday May 26 through Sunday May 29
- Multiple groups
- Q&A on Take Action Canada Zoom call, Wednesday May 25 at 9 PM EDT. Call Link Meeting ID: 828 7031 7531, Passcode: TruckYeah7
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange sticker dropoff/pickup, or to lead a group or say which group you would like to join
Current Planned Groups & Leaders:
- Mark, Sunday afternoon, downtown Toronto
- Yana, Bloor West Village/High Park, Thursday evening
- Krishna, downtown, Tuesday May 31
Toronto Areas to Sticker:
- Yonge St, Bloor down to the lake
- King St, Spadina to Yonge
- Bloor St, Spadina to Church
- Queen St W, Bathurst to Yonge
- Dundas St W, Spadina to Yonge
- University Ave, College to Front
- Yonge St, Eglinton to Bloor
- Eglinton, Oakwood to Yonge
- St Clair W, Lansdowne to Bathurst
- Bloor West Village
- High Park/Roncesvalles
- Yonge & Sheppard
- Danforth - Broadview to Coxwell
- Bloor St, Bathurst to Dufferin